Tooth hazards are often just that, hazards. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t protect yourself from them and prevent them from occurring. Protecting your teeth and gums may not always be possible, but there are things you can do to help keep your teeth healthy and strong to the best of your ability. For a better understanding of the basics of tooth hazards, listed below are principles concerning various treatments and prevention methods:
– Wearing safety equipment such as mouth guards and face masks can frequently be the difference between minor discomfort and a serious oral accident.
– Try to be careful when biting into any meals, because you never know when a product will come along that may not be cooked properly or may be extra hard, which can end up cracking or splitting your teeth.
– Chewing on your nails or pens can injure your teeth beyond just the risk of visible cracks and chips, as damage can be done on a microscopic level.
– Even though mouth jewelry accessories such as lip and tongue rings may seem like a stylish choice, they frequently lead to oral accidents such as torn gum tissue, infections, and cracked teeth.
– Avoid using your mouth as a can opener, or an oral accident can take place.
Don’t delay in visiting our team at Truxtun Family Dentistry to check if you are suffering from dental damage due to tooth hazards. If you are looking for a dentist in Bakersfield, California, please call us at 661-327-7497, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Peter D Kim and our team at our dentist office. We look forward to helping you soon!